Friday, February 20, 2009

Your Duty

Ok so the 'jury duty' demons have finally gotten ahold of me. Ugh! To add insult to injury, I'm serving on a Friday...who does that???


Thankfully, I have access to some computers (esp since my ntbk--which never leaves my side is being repaired). So since I'm new to this whole process I just have a few items of contention that I wanted to share....



#1...It is 2009 correct? So why is it that the cafeteria and lounge area food shop only accepts cash? Or you can take your chances with this machine pictured below. The characters on the screen looks mighty DOS-ish. Reminds me of atari....hell Oregon Trails looked more high-tech than this ATM relic. (pause...if you have no clue what 'Oregon Trails' is you are officially not an 80s baby and you should refrain from reading anything else that I post...ever...or you can google it..sigh)



#2 OK....so while you wait in the juror holding cell you can watch movies....(WTF? is this what tax payers money covers?) OK...movies...seems promising.


First up....




Huh???? Damn this is going to be a long day.
#3....Did you know that if your employers refuse to pay you while you're serving your jury duty sentence (didn't know they had an option) that you can appeal for compensation from the clerk's office?
Do you know how much they pay?
$15......a day.
In 2009???????????????????? What in the hell do you do with $15/day?
I'm done.

4 comments:

DrMPH said...

I feel your pain in the building I work in no one takes debit or credit cards they are all cash and carry establishments sigh...

Anonymous said...

Oregon Trails was my ish!

My ox always died... bastard!

Hold your head up Cakes! Don't let the man frustrate you. I'll be waiting for you when you get out of the pen. I love you

Anonymous said...

What the duce? Yeah, I wouldn't trust that ATM either. It looks a little shifty to me. The Guardian was really good movie. A little long but a good movie. 1-5, 1-5, 15 dollars. You got me bent like knees and elbows. "Child bye!"

Adei von K said...

disk
operating
system

I haven't heard that in a MINUTE! Probably since Oregon Trails...


i HATE


cash only places.

What kind of antedilluvian establishment are you running?!