Thursday, February 19, 2009

Date Night

So as my guide to all things vapid in the twenty-something world aptly put...my life has also been reduced to small victories/joys.

Clean clothes, a blow-out, mani & pedi, perfect caramel to macchiato ratio, bravo marathons, denim with 2% of lycra, acceptable make-up contouring to down-play the double-chin, a walk through a well stocked/clean/well-staffed target are some of the little things that bring me absolute glee.

As of late, I've really enjoyed sporadic date nights. Sweets has random days off in the week. I am, however, a slave to the Monday-Friday grind. So I spend all week waiting for the weekend then I #1 either over-exert myself by cramming everything possible into the weekend and I feel like hell by Monday or #2 I'm so tired from the week that I waste the entire weekend not moving and then I feel like I wasted the weekend and I'm mad on Monday. There isn't even a modicum of sanity in either set-up, but that's my life/reality.

So to use the 'grown-card' that Brew makes reference to all the time...I've been trying to take advantage of Sweets' mid-week free time and make date night plans.

Last night was a splendid combination of


and....dinner & drinks. There is something so fulfilling about throwing caution to the wind and breaking up the tedium of the sleep, work, home, sleep routine that befalls the working world.

The movie was a glorious combination of awe-inspiring architecture, amazing shots, a breath-taking score, Audi shots(I have a penchant for Audis), suspense, Clive Owenness, modern furniture, continuity of theme, smart editing, a lack of obvious action sequences, and an unexpected ending. I left the theater floating and so 'worked up' that dinner and drinks were in order. I fell into an instant coma with cakes and 4 hours later I made it to work...on time....ha! I've officially 'stuck it to the man' I squeezed Saturday fun into a Wednesday night in the suburbs. Until I return to city-living, I'll relish my small victories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW

Adei von K said...

oooh! I want to see that movie! its right up my alley! that's tight you guys have random dates nights. keeps things fresh. and you guys stay fresh for fun!