I don't know when I got 'old.' I'm not having a crisis here, but apparently one day I crossed over from the "fresh-faced youthfulness" of my 20's into the "I see 30 just around the corner."
The realization hit me randomly....I was watching the Real World and realized that I am officially too old to be cast for the show. I'm 26. Now keep in mind when I watch the show I always think that most of the cast is older than I am because who in the hell can have that many issues before 25? Apparently they can.
Went to the ladies' doctor this time around and she gently reminded me that I need to make a decision about the HPV vaccine like yesterday because by my bday (in Sept.) it'll be too late.
Finally, as I sit in jury duty this chick in the computer room made the statement on her cell "dude, there are no young people here its just all of these old folks."
B&!CH!
Sigh then I looked back over her hard scruched, over gelled, ode to pepe le pew white bleached blonde steaked and black hair. I see that she's knee deep on myspace and has a club flyer up. I squint to get past the rave, charlotte russe, baby phat, LEI, bedazzler inspired ensemble and realize that in the two hours that I've been sitting here she's had no business to attend to....Her next phone convo included the following statement, "Bet! Call me when you get home I have a blunt with your name on it..."
Then the phone convo then goes to the club scene...
Young B*tch: "You really should come tonight"
Person on phone: "I dont feel like it."
YB: "Why Not?"
POP: "I don't have no money"
YB: "sh!t I don't have no money either but the flyer said its free so i'm going up there and i'm not taking any money and they better let me in."
Pause....her name i kid you not is Becky.....sigh....ok well hell maybe I am old then because her foolishness was just aggravating. Like I prayed for the second intervals in which she stopped talking to just breathe. It was like a moment of heaven each time.
It's official I'm old and crotchety. (sigh)
3 comments:
hahahahaha. "dude, there are no young people here its just all of these old folks." OUCH! glad i still look pre-pubescent! i DID feel a little pang as well when i realized i'm too old for real world. lol.
oh no!
I realized I was "old" when Kitty's cousins came over last summer and my Outkast mix wasn't getting it for them. I guess when there's no youtube dance craze to go with a song, its not what's hot.
my dog said, LEI... LOLOLOLOL
I realized I was old when "hanging out" with my 15 year old Godsister at the mall. She tries on a pair of jeans and says " oh I have a pouch" I let her know that everyone does cause I surely do..She calmly tells "But your old". :( TEAR!
Post a Comment