I've never seriously dated a man that I couldn't see myself marrying. Not to say that they were all perfect, but in each of them there were qualities that I respected, cherished, and thought were befitting of a husband.
I'm methodical when it comes to dating. Never been big on 'casual dating.' (ok there are some exceptions there-but not many)
In my mind the end goal is marriage & family. Dating is part of the equation that will yield the desired end result. Thusly, if you don't fit the bill, you don't get to be a part of the equation.
I don't think I'm alone in my methodical thinking. I've spoken to many a man that has categories for the women they encounter. Some are great for sex, cooking, meeting the family, right now, forever, laundry skills, arm candy, etc.
So I'm comforted in the fact that I'm not alone.
I bring this up because not long after I met sweets it struck me that he'd be an amazing father. That was a first for me. I've never skipped to the family aspect before in my character assessments. It didn't take long to realize that there were things that he wanted for his own children that he felt he missed in his own childhood. But it was more than that....there is something in his eyes...a sense of purpose..like a mental checklist of things to get in order not so much for himself, but to 'get right' so that he can be the best father/husband possible.
He made a point pretty early in our relationship that one of the best things a father can do is to be a great husband.
As Ana would say....
**FACE**
Touche' ( I wasn't ready for that proclamation--I agree...I just didn't expect him to put it out there...)
2 comments:
I know he's 7, but is that in dog years?! So wise!
damn, he needs to hang with my dude. how awesome is it that you all can talk like that?
Trust me..I'm doing everything I can to how appreciation because I didn't think that was 'normal' because it never happened before.
Post a Comment