Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ok...Every once in awhile....

I did rant on Bey earlier this year. Again, let it be known...I like her music, I just have some issues with her 'packaging.' Every album there is one song that speaks to me specifically. I'm a mess...point blank...I'm a joyous mess if you can ride it out, but I wouldn't date me. Correction--I would date me...I would just date other, SANEr people on the side.

Every time I hear this song...it perfectly summarizes my confusion on why Sweets is such a happy man....

Song of the day:

"Flaws And All"

I'm a train wreck in the morning
I'm a bitch in the afternoon
Every now and then without warning
I can be really mean towards you
I'm a puzzle yes in deed
Ever complex in every way
And all the pieces aren't even in the box
And yet, you see the picture clear as day.

[Chorus]
I don't know why you love me
And that's why I love you
You catch me when I fall
Accept me flaws and all
And that's why I love you [3x]

I neglect you when I'm working
When I need attention I tend to nag
I'm a host of imperfection
And you see past all that
I'm a peasant by some standards
But in your eyes I'm a queen
You see potential in all my flaws
and that's exactly what I mean.


Yep....good job on that one Bey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, I love you regardless of how many flaws you THINK that you possess... and you're only a bitch in the afternoon when there is some lack of caffeine... or when sleep deprivation is settling in... or a combination of both.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

i love how you put a bow on my foolishness..lol

Lex said...

This is my JAM! Love, love, love this song! I e-mail the hubby the lyrics every now and then just to let him know that I appreciate him loving me, flaws and all.

Adei von K said...

that song must be on the beyonce disc... the one I don't listen to.

that's so presh!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

It's on the Beyonce Experience Live Disc....I stumbled on it randomly on youtube.