Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful

So as I'm checking my news sites, gossip sites, email, blogs, hanging up my clothes and drinking coffee(yes this is my normal routine between 4:50-6am), I paused to think about some of the blessings that have been bestowed on my life.

I thought back to an email that I sent to Ana last night which touched on the fact that when my last relationship ended so did many of my 'friendships.' I giggle to myself this morning because although I've missed some invites to outings, I feel less alone than I did when I was in that relationship.

Have you ever been in the middle of a dinner party or a room filled with people and still felt alone?

I was intimately familiar with that feeling and I realize now why that was the case. Those people were 'friends by association.' We had great times and good convo, but it was a facade. It took being stripped of those moments/people for me to really realize how not alone I am.

I've got amazing friends. Even though no one but Ana and Sweets lives here full-time, I don't feel alone anymore.

I appreciate all of you that accept me as the "text, don't call"...."occasionally falls off the face of the planet"...."will eat your food...and go back for seconds"...."will listen to all of your problems, but may not share my own"..."may or may not actually give you the gift that I purchased for you"...."will dani-wiggle throughout your space"...."will insert a lewd/sarcastic/inappropriate/timely/sanctified comment(reference, joke, Bible verse, sermon)where possible in every convo"...."cries if you cry, so if you cry I'll try to leave"..."will switch moods like I change my draws(too much? hmm)"..."may or may not see you for 5 years at a time"... person that I am.


I appreciate everyone that has not only been there for me, but has taken the time to get to know, insult, interrogate, and embrace my Sweets. All in all, I'm just thankful for having such a great group of people in my life. So I will finish my coffee and go get ready for my day..but thanks Ana for prompting this reflection...and Madam Hearts thanks for the Bday present that makes my morning coffee look so good :)

(Caption: 'Life is Good on Cloud Shayne')

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I feel the same way. It's funny but the people who are long distance tend to be the one's who really are better friends to you, and the one's who live down the street from you tend to suck!!( you know where I'm going with this :)

Love ya

DrMPH said...

Aww that is so sweet!

Adei von K said...

your whole little paragraph?


so me.

"text, don't call"? - i wish everyone had unlimited text. i GUARANTEE we would have better communication if you did.

"occasionally falls off the face of the planet"?- yeah. in my defense, sometimes I can't find my phone/left it at school/left it in the car/left it on silent/etc

how cute is that mug?

redandbrown said...

awwwwwwwwwwww what a softie.....MAN UP!!! (lol j/k)

Lex said...

I am going to assume that I fall in that friend category (do NOT burst my bubble!).

:)

Anonymous said...

I suppose the first thought after reading the post shouldn't have been..."the pic was taken with your sister's camera"...but that was what I thought.

At any rate...thanks for the love homie. You are a rock star when you wanna be. Love ya! :)

When we are "alone" (in whatever capacity), we have the opportunity to hear ourselves speak. And when we know our own voices we can speak with others in chorus and actually be in harmony on all aspects. A VOICE...it's a great thing to have, to hold, honor and cherish. ;)

Be easy!