Tuesday, February 3, 2009

30 Rocks?

I asked sweets how he could be so sure about our plan to move and kick-start a new chapter in our lives. I always worry about the details because I understand, all to well, that things are never the same if you have to take a step back. So I try to do enough planning to avoid room for error/failure.

Sweets prophetically stated, "things can't get much worse than they are now."

Hmm....touche'

Let me not paint the picture that things are dire, but in my own realm, I can see 30 over the horizons and I'm not ready. I remember just a few years ago still having the disillusionment of what I would accomplish in my 20s. Now my 20s just feel like a continuation of my teens. It feels like I'm reliving the not so great middle school years where you spent most of your time confused and uncertain.

So what would I like to accomplish by 30?

1. Engaged, if not married
2. Living in a metro area
3. Financial stability

When you type those things it seems easy enough. So why have I spent the first 6 yrs of my 20s floundering?

I'm sure this list will change/grow. I am pleased to have at least started it. We'll see how this goes.

Oh yea.....and as for my more immediate plans. Moving...anywhere. Finding more job stability (sigh good luck with that one).

Also, in honor of my confusing 20s, I've found a new blog to read.

2 comments:

DrMPH said...

AMEN, I was so happy to see 25 go but I guess 26 is going to be a little on the same page. I never believed in the quarter life crisis but it is real and it sucks and it is hard, but I know plenty who have come out on the other side. Shiny and new and I have full faith that you and I a and everyone else we know will come out like that as well! Shiny and new like a new penny..well these days is a penny isn't really worth a penny so lets say crisp like a new hundred dollar bill out of the ATM :)

Adei von K said...

yep. what you said. your list encompasses everything my life needs to be in a 3 short years.