Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sidemeat....

My side meat and back meat have been teleconferencing recently. The transcript from the conversation reveals that while they know they aren't welcome with open arms, I'm not breaking my neck to make them go away either.

I don't understand what has happened to me.....

Mr Collins weighs in on all things male and when I told him that my back & side meat are now more prominent parts of my Dani-ness he replied: As long as Shayne is happy....(that's sweets).

Sweets has no qualms...I just like to hold myself to unattainable standards--like most women.

Hmm...then I read more into this whole 'fiasco.'

The crime in this pic isn't the weight....I just don't like the outfit. As a black woman, I realize that there are different standards of acceptable weight, thickness, shape etc. than there are in the white community. Point blank...

But then I saw something in all of the news flack and I thought of Mr Collin's comment instantly:

"Singer Nick Lachey defends his ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, from criticism that the once-svelte reality-TV and pop star has packed on a few too many pounds."

Also...

"Tony Romo seems to have no complaints...."

----

Sweets hates any weight related self deprecation.....HATES.... I guess I'll get over it all or get rid of the sidemeat...either way it seems to be my issue...lol...like most things.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

yeah, I wasn't a fan of the metallic double belted look either.

or the mom jeans that i feel should've been cute. i really think they are cute, but not with that braided halo of 2 belts above them

DaniColoredGlasses said...

I've seen a few celebrities in those jeans and they look hot...she just wasn't one of them.