Friday, February 6, 2009

Morning Rambling....Rumbling

I did finally fall asleep. I've been up now since 4:55 am, pretending to work. Instead of napping for the first hour as I normally do I wanted to get out some of my early morning grumblings, but I needed a picture to do so.

......Found it......

My macbook pro has been out of commission since the Superbowl. Most of my major applications: Safari, Mail, itunes, iphoto, photobooth, Software Update, and the DVD player will not load. At all. Instead there is some sort of laborious whirling noise and the app just bounces in the dock. (sigh)

I've tried everything......final conclusion a corrupt disk.


So I took the computer to the genius bar at the local Mac store.





<-----This is what it looked like in the store.







There were a bevy of blue shirts all swarming around waiting for something to do.

The orange shirt lady asked me if I needed help and I said yes. I told her that I needed some tech support and asked to have my name put on the list.

She proceeds to look up available slots and states: "The next available appointment is Monday at 5pm."


Current Day & Time: Thursday 5pm


***Blank Stare****







Really???

Ugh..so aggravating. You couldn't staff the store better? I mean, what in the world is the purpose of having a staff that resembles the size of the entire 300 army and you only have one technician scheduled at a time? It reminds me of one of my least favorite places to be.....


Ok, so generally, I don't like lines. However, there is a special tier of purgatory (i'm sure) fashioned in the exact likeness of a Walmart check out line. There are always 3 people working the register and 82 lanes that could be open. Which means the chance of me standing behind Dante, as he eats the wing pieces from his whole rotisserie chicken-- that he picked up after buying draws , batteries, car oil, and diapers--has been heightened...significantly.


**Sigh**

I know...this is an ungodly amount of angst for it to be so early in the morning. Reason being? While looking for a Mac Store image, I stumbled across this picture....


Why is this what popped up?????WHY?????????? So of course, why wouldn't I be ravenous for a full meal @ 4:55am? Logical right? Here's the catch......My breakfast options in the kitchen right now are water and/or honey bunches of oats cereal.

Hence the angst

I'm done.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

"...standing behind Dante, as he eats the wing pieces from his whole rotisserie chicken..."

...

I don't even have anything to say anymore. wait,



i hate you.

Adei von K said...

P.S. I don't understand apple stores. that's why i have yet to take my book in. and god forbid you're not there when they call your name to get serviced!