Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trying Times..Apparently

I'm having a working lunch to try to put a dent in this project for my boss. All of a sudden she blows past me with her shades on taking a lunch with some ladies in the department. I smile and say, "enjoy your lunch ladies!" They say thank you and leave....minutes later I do the same.

No need for me to go the extra mile if my boss is not concerned about the project.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a collegiate edition of "Wheel of Fortune" on last week. Now I don't watch the show, ever, so I missed the fact that there was a HU rep on the show. My dad calls me cackling loudly. It took me a minute to realize that the cackling was meant for me to hear.

Dad: Someone from your alma mater is on wheel of fortune
Dani: Really? That's good, how are they doing?
Dad: If he can score $1 I'd be surprised
Dani: Dang Dad..thanks
Dad: (snickers)
Dani: You are really enjoying yourself huh?
Dad: Oooo he just scored! He has $2,000 and now he's only $5k away from the nearest competitor and $10k away from the top scorer.
Dani: (sigh) thanks for the update dad.
Dad: I doubt it'll happen, but I'll call you back if he stumbles on another $1, Love you...Bye!
Dani: Hell Naw!!!*face*

3 comments:

Naima said...

Not your Dad heckling your alma mater like that! I couldn't help but laugh...even though that ain't right.

Adei von K said...

i'm laughing cause I can hear your dad trippin himself out!! LOL

Rashan Jamal said...

I love good natured family hating. It's hilarious.