Thursday, November 12, 2009

Balance

I work between 12-16 hours a day. The 8-12 hours that I'm not working seem to be the hours that Sweets is scheduled to work or in the studio. "Like two ships passing in the night." Actually, it's not that dramatic. Thankfully, we usually at least see each other at work (yes we work together). But there is something to be said about quality time vs. grabbing a 1/2 hour here and there.

At times its incredibly difficult, but I think it's getting better with communication AND a scheduled date night.

Now I usually balk at the use of the word "schedule" and couple time. Even now I'm getting flashbacks of the countless talk shows that bring the couples in and they basically hate each other by the time they hit the stage. The psychologist and/or sex therapist 9 times out of 10 ends up suggesting scheduling things....namely sex.**

GTFOH!

Sorry....nothing seems less sexy to me than an ical pop-up that says 8pm grab your ankles...I'll pass.

Back to date night

There is something exciting about having dinner and a movie planned, while we still go out as often as possible outside of date night....there is one date night rule...."no cell phones." If you've met either one of us, you'll understand how that can be a challenge.

I'm rather excited that we have a date night coming up and can knock out a movie or 2. I suppose you can find time anywhere for each other, if you are willing to work at it. I have a feeling that we'll both be fielding super-busy opposing schedules for awhile. So thankfully we've found a system that seems to be working. :-)

**Disclaimer: That was a rant point, not an admission or hint of any intimacy issues. Like to make that clear...Sweets does read the blog :-)

2 comments:

AphiQprincess said...

I agree, now expecially the hubs to be is going to be working 2 jobs till the wedding so the date nites will definitely come in to play. I think its great as it brings a little more excitement and makes you reminisce about when you first started dating.

Jameil said...

Did you say 8pm grab your ankles? ROTFL!! Since Rah & I only see each other twice a month, the whole time he's here is basically one giant date night.