Friday, November 27, 2009

MOH Musings

I cannot believe that I have yet to shine any light on my path as MOH. Well, J hearted P right on across the broom and now we are on my sister and her irishman. I really need to come up with a consistent nickname for esteban. I guess it would be 'esteban'. Digressing. I will do a better job chronicling the MOH-ness this time around. Ok. That might be a bold face lie.

My time on duty during the J hearts P era was completely different than what I expected. In a good way. Most of the duties given to me were right up my alley and there wasn't really much expectation besides "being there." I didn't really have to corral any of the maids, nor was I major point of contact-Score!

I can already tell that this time it will be incredibly different. These BMs (bridesmaids) are super amped and ready to go! I suppose that Ash may be the first in their immediate group to get hitched and not have a shotgun involved. Hmm...conversely. The first time around the BM's were incredibly mellow and/or inundated either with their own marriage, relationship, school, life, etc. to be 100%gung-ho. We just did what needed to be done as it needed to be done.

I can tell these new girls are really sweet. I can also tell that they are not playing games. Days after Ash announced her engagement she received wedding mags from one of the maids with notes and tabs on which pages she might want to consider. Reminds of being 'on line' actually. Should be interesting. So now that the ink on the contract is dry (mom and I did that last Saturday) and the date has been selected(Oct 16, 2010) its high time I start my posts.

I will however have to talk about them/the experience here in the blog world. Not in a bad sort of way, but in a 'sarcastic, social commentary' sort of way--my usual.

Today marks my first dress shopping experience with the bride 2 be and some of the maids.

More on that to come.

Let the games begin!

No comments: