Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Torn

Ever since I picked up job 3 I haven't been able to shake the "hamster-in-the-wheel" feeling. Even on my best day when I get home at 6pm and sit on the couch until I get up and go to bed, I still don't feel....relaxed.

Unfortunately, job 1 still hasn't gotten on target so job 3 was definitely "on time" and still "VERY NECESSARY." The downside is that now I crave solitude every few days and I act out (yes I'm a 2 yr old) when something interferes with it. The only time that I can count on my house being empty is Sunday afternoon. As a tradition my family congregates at my grandparents house for dinner...every Sunday. Always a smashing good time and always really good (really free) food.

I haven't been since the last week in September.

I just....can't.....I can't give up the opportunity to exist in solitude for a few hours. It feels like the only time in the week that I'm not juggling a job, thinking about something, checking email, etc. For a few hours everything comes to a screeching halt and I love it. I ran errands today sans the radio. Got home and got ready for the upcoming work week....all....ALONE....and I loved it.

What's the problem? Grams called me last week: "We miss you...."

Le Sigh.....

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

awwww.

well, you have to take care of you. to never have dani to yourself is not and cannot be healthy.

Jameil said...

That sucks. I know what you mean by alone times. When Rashan's here for a long time I feel like I need a few minutes alone, then miss him when he's gone. FOOLYWANG!! There's something to be said for living alone. I know people say that all the time but wow...