I have some odd food associations and because very few people are actually up at this moment I've decided to share it with the blogosphere.
1. Every time I go swimming I crave hamburgers.
Something about pools & beaches make me thing picnics, summer camp, etc. I need hamburgers.
2. Coffee in the AM...I crave pretzels
Because in one of my old offices there were pretzels packs right above the coffee machine...yumE!
3. Thursday nights I want spaghetti & wine.
This was before Shonda pumped up the gore factor on Grey's....but Thursdays have always meant great tv and for some reason I always want my fab spaghetti (sorry I'm really in love with my own spaghetti) and good wine. Now that Grey's is too yuck for me to eat while I watch I usually get dinner out of the way before I hear Meredith's voice during the opening monologue.
4. Payday...I want sushi or cuban food.
When you're in that moment before your money disappears to bills and life, you want some good food.
5. Ackee & Sal'fish? I need boiled bananas.
Ok so sweets looked at me crazy the first time I asked him if he'd ever had boiled bananas. Which further lets me know we need to hasten our JA trip. First of all they are green bananas and they don't have a banana flavor. Works very much like rice.
6. Rainy days I crave soup, Stew peas 'n rice, or porridge.
7. After eating almonds I crave peppermints.
8. On Sunday I don't want to see rice unless there are some peas involved.
9. Movie trailers = popcorn
10. Chipotle=beer.
2 comments:
Wow... you are very.... special. I like to have awesome food during Top Chef. Very fitting. I have to have Bojangles when I go home & Rashan & I are going to get Mexican food at least once. Those are all my food associations. Can't say I'll be rushing to try boiled bananas. Never had ackee & saltfish tho & am willing to try.
i feel you on the sushi (duh) and cuban food!! hmmmm!
now when you say green bananas, you mean actual bananas, right? we sometimes eat boiled plantains with stews instead of rice, too
Post a Comment