Saturday, November 14, 2009

What's your number?

Temp Boss: I'm not sure if you'd know this...hmm... you might...wait, how old are you?
Dani: I'm 26
TB: Hmm you might.....(continues with her question about a tv show)
Dani: (All after the question and after we've moved on to another task) Oh!
TB: (looks up) "Everything ok?"
Dani: yea....I'm just...actually I'm 27
TB:(smiles) you forgot your age?
Dani: (sheepishly) actually I did....I don't think I've actually discussed my age since my birthday.
TB: Ah...(laughs) glad we cleared that up.
Dani: Indeed


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got hit on yesterday. Not the "I'm staring through your clothes/get a restraining order" sort of way. More like the....

Guy: Hi my name is W may I ask what your name is?
Dani: Dani
Guy: Are you seeing someone?
Dani: Yes
Guy: So it would be out of the question for us to do lunch? Or for me to give you a call sometime?
Dani: Indeed, out of the question, but thanks for asking.
Guy: Thanks for stopping to talk to me.


OMG...That used to happen all the time....now not so much. Actually I cant remember the last time someone legitimately asked me for my number (If in the request you lick your lips, grab yourself, use the term "shawty"/"ma"/"sweet thang", and / or look me up and down I don't actually count that as being hit on....I just assume I'm being punk'd). Hm....I think Sweets is the last person that asked me for my number....hmm and then didn't call me--Different story for a different post--Am I in a never-to-be-hit-on-again threshold? Ugh!

2 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

So if a dude said, "Say sweet thang, can I buy you a fish sammich?" you would decline??? LOL

I don't understand how so many people forget how old they are. It happens all the time around me. Weird.

Adei von K said...

I'm telling you, the minute you cross the stage after receiving your diploma from your dean, EVERYTHING abt your social life changes.

*sigh*

I miss those days :-(