Monday, November 2, 2009

At Work ....To Work...With No Work

There are some times that I come to work to actually do work. As I'm currently blogging, you can take this present moment out of the equation. However, every few days I have my headphones poised to block out the foolishness and I like to get to business done.

This week my minder/the lady that I'm assisting is out town. She's left me a laundry list of tasks to complete in her absence. I get to work with breakfast in hand, new playlists to listen to, the giddiness that comes with the knowledge that you won't be micromanaged, and an overall zeal to get this Monday on the road.

There are 5 filing cabinets in my section. All of which require nothing short of a retinal scan to have opened. Four keys were left for me......I stored all of my assignment materials in the 5th filing cabinet.

So I sit here...with the "just ate breakfast" glow. Hands poised to do some spreadsheet magic. I have my Monday heels on (to explain: Monday I wear big girl shoes, by Friday my energy is low and I'm usually wearing something right above a house slipper--not really, but you get where I'm coming from) and I'm ready to do work. Only.....there's no work to be done.

Hmmm...this could get rather interesting rather quickly. Now I'm trying to figure out if I have 20 hours (that's how many hrs I'm here each week) of work to tackle in the remaining 4 filing cabinets...prob not....BUT--I don't like to play with my income(once I've planned for a check, I'm serious about it).

So today's tasks: blogging and making travel plans. Tomorrow....I'll alphabetize something....anything....after that things may get sketchy...suggestions?

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

at least you started on the right foot!!

so you spend 4 hours a day doing one file cabinet and by friday, you'll be done! yes? no? can you do all 5 in a day??

plan to get out of w.p.b. make a vision board at work!

Jameil said...

I'm SO the one to get everything done the first day and chillax the rest of the time.