Friday, November 13, 2009

Pensive

I joined a Bible study group...why? Because I need some help in my current space. Not to mention that overall apprehension that I had over Biblical Fmaily Fued a few weeks back @ church let me know that I needed some time in and through the Good Book.

We are studying within a program designed by Beth Moore (I would link her but this pesky firewall is in my way). She is unapologetically a southern woman, with southern mannerisms and so she ranks high on my list of favs off top.

She started the program off with a story last night and I thought it was worth sharing. One of her staffmembers had died before the segment was shot and she was still grappling with her death. Apparently the woman who died was struck by an oncoming car and was killed instantly. Days later when another staffmember called Beth she had a peculiar question. She asked Beth if she wanted to know what they found at the accident scene. Beth paused and ready for the worst said "yes." The staffmember said, "the impact of the accident left the car in pretty bad shape, so much so, that this woman's scripture cards were left littered over the entire highway. The police officials had to walk around and gather all of the cards for evidence. Beth paused and said "that is exactly how I want to go out......having dropped scripture and bits of faith everywhere."

Interesting...indeed.

I'm rather excited to see how this all plays out.

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

oh yeah, that family feud was an eye opener. one of the beatitudes... a time to mourn and a time to... party??