Monday, September 28, 2009

Why Don't You Just Know????

Time after time I watch interviews in which prominent business women express the same sentiment about what they want from their men. The statement that resounds is: "I make all of the decisions when I'm at work and when I come home I just want someone that can take the lead."

Now while, I won't even pretend to be in the league with these women (yet) I often times have the exact same feeling. I spend all day working too hard, making too many decisions, and schlepping the stress thrown on my shoulders. So when I'm in my down time I don't want to think. I can clearly tell you what I don't want to do...but I'm hard-pressed to plan what I do want to do.

I want you to know what I want without me having to tell you. Don't even get me started on my 'needs' that is in a whole other category.

Case in point, I'm getting sick. I can feel it. My neck is aching. I'm tired after standing for more than 15 minutes. When I'm in bed I'm thinking about being deeper in the covers. When I'm out of bed I'm plotting on how I can get through activities just to be able to crawl back in the bed.

When I get sick, it's cataclysmic. There is no casual sickness. I do drama full-out. Walking pneumonia, mono, strep...you name it. "Go hard or go home" is the mantra and I do not fall short.

If you have drawn the "other half" ticket. I'm sorry for you. I need coddling, head rubs, and a silent agreement to watch whatever I want to watch. I need you to look past my horrid, "Independence Day alien creature" exo-skeleton and commit to your inner Florence Nightingale. (Sidenote: I completely return the favor...this is not a one-sided thing.....I can/will take care of you....Just do not get sick when I get sick....it's my time and I'm not sharing)

Here's the rub, I can't bring myself to say I need attention. It completely negates the special feeling. So....yes....I want you to know what I want and need without me having to say it.

And yes...I will get mad if you can't read my mind.


(I'm sorry)

2 comments:

AphiQprincess said...

Amen... Preach. I definitely agree with your sentiments.

Rashan Jamal said...

sounds familiar.. can you women read our minds every once in a while? LOL