Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thoughts of a MOH

I'm writing a more thoughtful, heartfelt piece on my sentiments about my podmate's wedding and the journey of a maid of honor. However, I did want to at least post a summary today of what the process has been like for me, thus far.



The single thought that I've maintained since May 21, 2008 is:



"Please Lord, do not let me suck."



Ah...I'm sure you thought it would be something deep...nope...that's it. The summation of my every action since last may is linked to that one thought.

I realized that I think I feel more strongly about my podmate having a "perfect" wedding, in her eyes, more than she might actually want for herself. Having said that I think that this entire experience has been more educational than anything else.

I'll have more to share in the coming days......

2 comments:

Naima said...

And suck you did not! I thought your speech was amazing. I think it was the one or two times that the tears that I was holding back almost welled over!!

Patti said...

Ditto what Naima said. You were fab. Still are fab. Will always be fab. I could not have asked for better.