Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vacation From The Vacations.....

I feel like over the last two years I've taken a ridiculous amount of personal development days, staycations, vacations, and general 'log out' moments. Yet, I can't shake the tiredness and constant feeling that I need a vacation. My initial thought was that my laziness was trying to rear it's ugly head. However, it may be more than that. I think that the constant budget concerns and the never being 100% "unplugged" has created a situation in which I haven't completely stepped away from everything, nor have I had the chance for some brutal self-evaluation.


Even with this realization, I don't think I'll be able to schedule some serious agenda-free R&R until 2010. However, that is the newest thing on my to-do list. The plan will also be to have different circumstances waiting for me when I get back.

1 comment:

Jameil said...

if you're not satisfied w/your work life that probably also plays a huge role. i feel less of a need for a vacation when i enjoy what i do. umm... 2010 is close but not that close. i'ma need you to mean like jan.