Friday, September 11, 2009

GPS Needed

Here at job 3, I assist the HR director, who oversees the needs of between 150-200 people company wide. I love HR. Well, let me take a step back. Much like my Broadcast major, HR seemingly comes easy to me. I can pretend to listen and be concerned about people's needs with the best of them. At my primary job, my employer skillfully tasked me with small HR tasks, here and there until I became the entire department(yea....got got). Honestly, I don't mind because solving other people's problems are usually really easy for someone who isn't really interested in dealing with their own issues. Thusly, I don't quite Love HR....it's just something I do without thinking.

Now in my few weeks with company 3, I've been maintaining a running dialogue with Hey-Zoos Crees-toe (spelled phonetically) aka J.C. for those of you that didn't take Spanish. I'm of the mindset that this is either a gateway to a better job, a resume builder, something to pad my pockets, or this is an example of a job that I think I want, but in actuality would prefer to pass on.

The latter is resounding in my ears. Good golly, I'm bored. So bored that I typed "golly." This company is a microcosm of my time in Palm Beach. Great company, wonderful people, but I'm inunadated with an insatiable itch to do more than my cubicle allows.

I suppose I've done "my bid" of cubicle work. Having worked in a cubicle/front desk setting off and on for the past (gasp) 10 years. I'm over it. I love to travel and generally if nothing else, I've come to realize that it's more fun to do something that requires perpetual motion and interaction outside of a closet space.

Ugh Crees-toe! I'm listening, but I'm not liking it......I need a GPS for my life!

2 comments:

Jameil said...

girl i don't know how you did it for so long. i survived cubicle life for THREE DAYS. that ain't life! you def. deserve to get up get out and get something, shoot! lolol

Rashan Jamal said...

GPS would be cool,but sometimes the GPS doesn't recognize new streets and developments so you still have be on the lookout... Oh snap.. I made a metaphor. LOL