1. Dear co-worker, I do not know why your keycode works, but your thumb print won't read correctly. However, without both items I cannot let you in the building. My apologies.
2. Please do not call me at 6am to let me know that you are running late. I take naps from 5am-6am and from 6:30-7:30am, do you really think that I care about you being 10 minutes late?
3. If I'm having a terrible day, then I would appreciate it if everyone, but Sweets left me alone. Sweets, I would like to be coddled, but do not plan to reciprocate the affection in any way.
4. Speaking of Sweets....Sweets called me selfish yesterday. While I know that I have selfish tendencies, I do not appreciate hearing about them. Please submit a memo next time. In triplicate.
5. Dear hair, you have exactly 3 weeks to act like you know what I expect of you. Do not be a petulant child and "act out" in front of company!
6. Dear Face, Ditto.
7. I despise the fact that I've become more of an emotional person the older that I've gotten. Just once, I'd like to approach a topic that makes me incredibly angry, sad, scared, or happy and not feel like tears on are stand-by. I HATE tears(frat excluded).
8. I tend not to revisit specific times in my life, hence the reason that Homecoming is a hard concept for me to enjoy. To further clarify, I never returned to my elementary, middle, or high school once I left. As I look at Homecoming quickly approaching, I'm more likely to make individul plans with my friends and skip the whole, "Hey Girl!!!!!!!!!" song and dance routine.
9. My plans to move to ATL do include my willingness to drive a Marta train. Also, I have not ruled out applying to be the 4th Fantana.
10. I absolutely feel like I'm following the path that I'm supposed to follow, but I can't calm down my own internal angst. The path that I'm taking is not the one that I planned for myself, nor is it leading me where I want to go(on my timeline). That is 2 successive "I's" which is the surest formula for disaster. I'm at the place where faith, fortitude, logic, hope, and dreams are clashing and I don't like it.
11. I cannot believe that 27 is around the corner.
1 comment:
we are SO here on "While I know that I have selfish tendencies, I do not appreciate hearing about them. Please submit a memo next time. In triplicate." and "I despise the fact that I've become more of an emotional person the older that I've gotten"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SON OF A!! esp. on that emotional tip. WEARS ME OUT!!! i can no longer say i'm not a crier and that irks me. i had tears of steel up until abt 2 years ago. no marks on my face b/c them hoes didn't come or fall. now? ARGH!!!!!! they've softened up and slide right up to my eyeballs and sometimes down my cheeks. WACK.
Post a Comment