Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who Me?

A woman at church asked about my sister on Sunday(forever ago)....

Woman: "How is she doing?"
Me: "She's great, still in the O, pursuing her MBA."
Woman: "Oh that's fantastic! What have you been up to?"
Me: "Managing my division and trying to stay challenged."
Woman: "I'm sure your mom is glad to have you in town. There is always one child that likes to stay close to home."
Me: (sputter)


Who me?????? Aww hell naw. I'm the child that loves to travel and hates being at home. The girl that says yes at every opportunity to take a trip. The girl that has always jumped out in the proverbial "street" and thought about whether or not there was a "car" coming later. Madam, clearly you are mistaken! Clearly, you've gotten your wires crossed. I only came home after graduation because I didn't have a job and I promised myself I'd leave once my opportunites 'dried up.' Yea, that was 4+ years ago, but that doesnt mea...

Sh*t!

Why in the hell am I still here? What could it be?

Hmm........

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

wait, WE'RE the siblings that "like to stay close to home"??

well I'll be damned. and upset.