I manage my employees and contractors in my jammies, from the hair salon, from the gym, in the car, etc. It works well for me.
My boss likes to have face-to-face convos so he can get a better read of my nonchalance about the company's business plans etc. I say video ichat. He says, "come to the office twice a week."
Sigh....the office
Ok, so there is no dress code, but there also is no coffee machine or microwave. I have my own office and tv, but closing the door would be rude. There is also a large window that opens up to the receptionist area so I have to at least pretend to be alert.
The thing that I have a hard time getting my boss to understand is that I do less of my core job function when I'm at the office. He engages me in these diatribes about office furniture, computer coding, business plans, employee relations, company growth etc. While he's talking I am NOT editing and certainly NOT managing. Which is my actual job function.
It's like a bad sitcom where the characters are getting further from the goal the harder they try.
All I want to do, is do my job and go home.
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment