Monday, January 5, 2009

Blessed

My mother is a blessing....point blank....she is just shy of being able to turn water to wine. She has been a provider and a visionary for the family since I met her 25+1 yrs ago. We often times bump heads....I suppose its because we are so similar....but that's a different post

I was sitting in the midst of a family meeting last night and listening to the arguments with my brother and I just wished that he could see how different his life would be if she just stopped caring about him.

I can't really get on him though...My mom got married at 24 and had me at 25(and then had my sister& brother in 3 yr increments).

When I turned 25 the thought of being in a place to not only take care of a household, but to have a child, was overwhelming.

I started to think about how often my siblings and I had trips, got sick, needed school things, had recitals, practices, etc.....HOW IN THE HELL DID SHE MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN?

I started to think about me trying to make my PTO work just for me, the cost of my own co-pay, how much I love sleeping in on Saturday mornings, groceries and bills for just 1.... and everything started to fall into place.

I didn't want for anything....In fact, I often thought I had everything.

As I get older I start to grapple with and appreciate my blessings in my mom.

I hope that anyone reading this can take a sec. to appreciate the people (or person) that got you to the place that you are now.

I do look forward to having a family. I can only imagine that she had no clue how she was going to get through the stresses of taking care of our family and prayed her way through it....and I'm sure I'll be doing the same.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Please tell me you've come off trying to give away my future niece/nephew before their 4th birthday. B.Kakes, I need some backup! :)

Adei von K said...

yeah, parents are angels. i'm pseudo helping out with mini me and I cannot believe my peeps did this for me and bro.

DrMPH said...

Yes indeed, I love my MOMMA so much she is def a way maker. and like you said I didn't realize it when I was younger but I def see it now!

redandbrown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
redandbrown said...

she is a great one, i plan on doing the same in a range and chloe shades.....:)