Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Confessions of an overplanner

Did I mention that I'll be back in DC next week?

Ok so I need a game plan....I know in the back of my mind the places that I want to visit, but I'm not sure what my actual game plan is day-by-day and its killing me.

More importantly...there is a bit of a problem. See we are leaving Tuesday ( I know hectic day to leave) but the flight cost was too fantastic to pass up. So the ideal step will be to mail the luggage back home so that we can freely roam the city on our final day without our stuff.

1. Can't do early check-in.
2. No lockers in the vicinity of DCA

So I'm checking out luggage shipping companies and trying to figure out the logistics vs. cost. Pray for me.

Outside of that I'm so excited about being in the city and traipsing around. I just hope that I get to give the other half a good overview of all of the things that I love and miss about 'Chocolate City.'

If you have any suggestions about Tuesday I'm open.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

oh yeah, must have the d2d plan on lock. ESP with 3 million extra people in your city...

mailing is always a good option IF you have the money. i hear its expensive, but you pay for convenience (sp?)

Lex said...

YAY! You will be here soon!!! As a fellow Libran you know I have overplanning tendencies! You should have seen my 'what to do list' for the Gordon-Guilliod clan...insane! Anywho, I have a few questions for you (you can call with the answers).

1. will you be driving in the city or straight metroing it out?
2. what time is your flight?
3. how long do you plan to be out and about on tuesday?

Remember, I live in Alexandria :)

Get back to me!