***Sidenote***
I may or may not have mentioned to you that we work together. Let me take a step back. We work together. Actually, we met at work and instantly hated each other. He has A$$holish tendencies and I come off a "smidge" (I'll ask anyone who really knows me to kindly stop smirking) stuck up. We actually both just like who we like and don't really invest much time in anyone else.
Sigh
Anywho...eventually....he became the work darling of all of my co-workers. That just put him deeper on my disdain list. Then we had a conversation and I realized that I might not have him pegged properly.
Dani: "Are you in school?"
Sweets: "I was...I went to FullSail"
Dani: "Oh....so you're into music? The production side or the artist side?"
Sweets: "Both actually and I write"
Dani: "Oh ok....so you're into hip-hop then?"
Sweets: "I like it, but I sing....and write R&B"
Dani: "Oh...."
According to sweets...he was just shocked that I descended from my 'high horse' to actually talk to him. According to me...I was shocked that we had conversation and he turned down his 'cool' long enough to engage me.
Shortly thereafter he asked me to lunch....(he and I both assumed that I would say "no"). I was actually hungry so lunch sounded like a good idea. We went out, had a great time and have been chugging along ever since.
We still work together, although that depends on how long job 2 remains open.
------------
Back to the regularly scheduled program.
-----------
The recession talk is so frustrating. The news is filled with layoffs, budget cuts, legislation, etc. It's enough to cause a panic attack. Today one of my writers submitted an article about the skyrocketing calls to a mental health crisis line from people who want to commit suicide.
Not having money isn't new to me I suppose. I'm not that far removed from undergrad, so the Ramen mentality is something I'm familiar with. I know I expressed earlier that I was frustrated with the timing of the recession. I really want to try to make some big moves this year. I'm going to keep praying and believe that those things are attainable.
As well, I'm just putting the news on mute. It's too much to be slammed with all of this every single day.
No comments:
Post a Comment