Friday, March 20, 2009

Wedding Bells

So...Sweets and I have discussed marriage and a family. Ever so often we talk about the actual wedding. We usually stop whenever the stress part comes into play for me. There are a few givens/constant ideas.

1. Sweets will wear grey.(Looks great on him)
2. Plum will be one of the colors.(Looks great on/around the both of us)
3. Sweets will not be singing.(He has a lovely voice, but who wants to work at their own wedding?)
4. We will not write our own vows--but obey won't be anywhere in the ones we say.(Again--didn't come to work--and I don't do well with instructions--lol)
5. There may or may not be a bridal party (more on this later)
6. Water/fountains/hell, dasani bottles have to be present. (Sweets loves all things water-related).
7. Oh...it can't be hot...(I don't have a relaxer, he gets hot & bothered easily).
8. We have to eat before, during, and after...(we love food #1 and are collectively mean as hell when we are hungry).
9. No smashing cake in anyone's face....(Armageddon will ensue).
10. We will prob blog/twit.ter/text through whatever type of reception we have....

Hmmm...

Ok so ...All of my 'walk down the aisle'/'first dance' songs have been vetoed....So I thought I'd get some other opinions.

Here's what I came up with....

1. Every Little Step/Bobby Brown
2. Hello/Beyonce
3. We gon' fight/Jennifer Hudson
4. Waiting in Vain/Bob Marley(although my sister has claimed this one as well)
5. How Many Ways/Toni Braxton
6. Swagga like us/Ti, Jay z
7. Listen to your heart/Roxette
8. Together Forever/Rick Astley
9. I will Die for you/Prince (don't take that literally---homicide before suicide...always)
10. Love is a battlefield/Pat Benatar
11. If it isn't love/New Edition
12. He's Mine/Mokenstef
13. Get Down On it/kool and the gang(special arrangement by Ana)
14. love ya like I love ya/Justin Timberlake and/or Sexyback/Justin Timberlake
15. I Like/Guy


Any other suggestions???
Lol---have a great Friday :)

2 comments:

Lex said...

Oh my!! LOL! Happy Friday to you, as well!

Adei von K said...

I'm mad at u for Mokenstef.