Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cabin Fever

F.acebook is just evil. Under the pretense of the being a networking site, it is in truth the anti-christ. You get sucked into a vortex of checking out the pics of your friends, their friends, their exes, etc. Now logically, you know that everyone tries to put their best pics on the book, so its a virtual album of splendor. Rarely do you see the pics of late study sessions, empty refrigerators, unwanted weight gain, economic hardship, mental unrest, and suburban mediocrity. Instead you are attacked by pics of metropolitan finery, limitless wardrobe options, fresh hair dos, nice angles, tons of smiles, and seemingly limitless possibilities. Everyone looks like they are living the life and if there is even an ounce of angst in your own world, you will inevitably begin a downward spiral of introspection and re-evaluation.

Brew's response to today's rant: 'Stop Looking.'

But I can't. As masochistic as it is, I'm drawn to checking out the pages of my friends. I've cut down tremendously, by deactivating my own page, but I still check it a few times a week. I need a bit of angst. There is so much that I want for myself and it almost seems that the smidgen of masochism reminds me of what I could/should be doing. The book has become a virtual yardstick....although I seem to be beating myself with it at the moment.

Somethings gotta give soon...I'm bored and driving myself crazy...hmmm.

3 comments:

Patti said...

I'm with Brew - stop looking ♥

Anonymous said...

Ok so I've come to realize that all though people's lives look all fun and exciting on facebook, they're really not. The grass is not greener and in most cases it's actually brown or dirt patches. You can say and or be whoever you want on facebook. Most of my friends are actually a little too honest about how depressing their lives are on facebook which just might be worse then them flaunting the good life. Go figure. Do you darling. That is all :)

Adei von K said...

i like the way you think!

i never thought about it like that... of course you put pics of the fabulous 5 year reunion in d.c. that EVERYBODY was at with with their fresh fits and cuts...






i'm not bitter.