Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Connected

When I was younger I wrote my feelings in a diary and would talk to my stuffed animals. When I got older I would pass notes in class telling my friends all of my deepest thoughts and feelings. They would be delivered in intricate origami-folded notes and passed beneath the desk during boring lectures. When I got slightly older my feelings were relegated to my nearest and dearest via A.OL, during lunch, and on the bus. Then I got a cell phone and my world was 'verbalized' via text. I could type my thoughts, musings, 'hell naw' moments all while washing my face, driving, showering, drifting to sleep, having a verbal convo etc. Today my feelings are still shared via text, but I also twitter and blog from the phone, email things when the text, tweets, blogs get too lengthy. Take a picture when words just won't do and sometimes even a video.

Before life even fully happens i've documented it 2-3 times over. It is not absurd for my computer to magically appear from any bag that I have slung on my shoulder. Church choir member forgets that they are a tenor and tries to sing soprano...instantly everyone that I know also knows.

So with all of this sharing, what exactly am I keeping for myself? Just wondering. More importantly, what is not being said across the blogosphere, in texts, and emails and where do those comments end up?

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

lots of things are not being shared. i can bet only the tip of the iceberg is read via PC/mac or text.

We/bloggers know we both had run ins with the exes this weekend. Does the blog world know how it made me reel and for wahtever reason, be on the lookout till I knew for sure he was out of the vicinity? Do the bloggers know how, I'm sure you were praying for nothing to "pop off" just cause it was friday your ex can be that volatile/assholish for whatever reason?

IJS, I'm just saying...