Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bridal Show

Ok so I love all things wedding-esque. From a distance. I love the shows, magazines, faux planning, etc. When I start to think about my own wedding I make myself sick to my stomach. The magnitude of planning that goes into one day....a few hours...is nerve wracking. Who to invite, how to afford it, where, when, details, etc. Its all way too much. Thankfully sweets has already promised to keep me together when we kick start the planning process.

Now the marriage part is what I'm really excited about...but that's for another post.

Anywho...so this year I have the honor of being my podmate's maid of honor. Ok...so to her credit, she has overlooked my lack of maid of honor qualifications(I originally volunteered to valet cars). She's good to me that way. I'm not terribly artsy, don't really plan parties and gatherings well etc. etc. BUT I'm incredibly supportive and focused on making sure that podmate maintains her sanity.

Podmate suggested that we attend a bridal expo...I thought it would be fun, so we traipsed south and took in the sights.

Here's what I learned....if you have no idea what you want for your own wedding...don't go to a bridal expo. It sounds backwards, but you should have a clear idea of what you want before you attend a show because they are absolutely overwhelming.

We gorged ourselves on sweets while we went from vendor to vendor. I had such a good time! I toted around Podmate and Mom's stuff (aha! another task I'm uber good at) while taking mental notes to relay back to sweets and snapping photos.

Here are some of things that we saw.....





And let us not forget to highlight the woman of the hour.....





Here's a shot of the Podmates & Mama P post sugar-high !




4 comments:

DrMPH said...

OMG it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You know I think deep down inside you are good at planning you just don't know it. You have planed some of the most fun in prompt to get together I have ever been to LOL

DrMPH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jameil said...

you are a girl after my own heart. "The magnitude of planning that goes into one day....a few hours...is nerve wracking. Who to invite, how to afford it, where, when, details, etc. Its all way too much." Precisely. And good advice not to go w/o ideas in your head already for how you want to do things. Makes perfect sense but I wouldn't have thought of it.

Adei von K said...

i am all about the fishbowls with candles and petals!