You see this face....


This is the face of a man that is about to blow. This is the face of a man that attended Morehouse College. This is the face of a man that just got asked, "Why did you choose Morehouse instead of a regular school."
Ok....let me give you a point of reference before I get too loud.
SMH on the Crown Royyal reference(I'm hoping that's a separate company). Anyway. I'm a Howard girl. Tried and true. If you want to know how to aggravate the hell out of me, please imply that my alma mater is in some way inferior to any other school. No ma'am, No sir...you will absolutely get shut down.
If someone wants to know why you'd pick a HBCU, I think that is a fair question. To ask why you wouldn't attend a regular or real college, is rude and disrespectful. It implies that my school is in some way inferior. I'm not having it.
Ok....let me give you a point of reference before I get too loud.
SMH on the Crown Royyal reference(I'm hoping that's a separate company). Anyway. I'm a Howard girl. Tried and true. If you want to know how to aggravate the hell out of me, please imply that my alma mater is in some way inferior to any other school. No ma'am, No sir...you will absolutely get shut down.
If someone wants to know why you'd pick a HBCU, I think that is a fair question. To ask why you wouldn't attend a regular or real college, is rude and disrespectful. It implies that my school is in some way inferior. I'm not having it.
6 comments:
Dani ohh so true....That is the quickest way to get on anyone who attend an HBCU's bad side. Let me ask you this do you think HBCU's are still needed. I hear a lot of people say ohh HBCU's are not needed any longer they are a thing of the past. Just wondering because I know there is none other better then the HOWARD U!!!!
I have to think about it from a personal perspective. Unless you live in a few choice cities...DC/ATL/Harlem you never get the experience that you get from the 4-6 yrs at a HBCU. Point blank. I think that snapshot in time gives you an opportunity to grow in a way that you otherwise wouldn't/couldn't. I am eternally grateful that I got that opportunity and I want the same thing for my little ones (one day).
I've had the pleasure of attending two. Private and Public, they are my *heart*. I love them BOTH dearly and equally and I, too, am so fortunate to have attended an HBCU. I can't imagine my life without them. I can't imagine Black America without them. If people could even reach into the corners of their wildest dreams and think about the opportunities that the HBCU has provided for our people, that question would never be asked, "why didn't you go to a regular school?"
I know personally, what the HBCU can do with someone deemed "unfit". Almost EXPELLED from highschool, my brother will be Dr. Kotei on May 3.
I need an AMEN.
Barely graduating from Twin Lakes High and not wanting to do anything more than stay home with his girlfriend, my neighbor is the S.E. regional director of Sun Trust Banks, HBCU grad, HOLLA.
Drew and I are going to have some talks when the time comes...
ME EITHER!!! I get HEATED!!
I just discovered your blog and I have to say I totally agree. I too am a Howard girl (and a fellow Dani) and it annoys me to no end the ignorance of some people when it comes to HBCUs. I have a friend that told me she's not in to "black power" that's why she didn't go to one. I almost snatched her head off just for assuming all HBCU students sit around in kente cloth and false Afros, raising fists and planning sit ins. I get VERY defensive of my school and of HBCUs...matter of fact, the temp in here is rising. Let me end this now because I can go on all night. GO BISON!!
Ms. Dee I agree all the way!
Post a Comment