I've been sitting in my cubicle staring at the vinyl/carpet covered partition for the last hour. I have a head cold and unfortunately any movement will shift the fluid in my head and either render me unable to breathe or dizzy. If I sit still, I am in perfect health.
Sitting and staring has given me much to think about.
1. I got the promotion. I start mid-January and I'm pretty sure that this new position will prompt the entire staff to quit. Reason? A lot of the staffmembers felt like they were being groomed for my position. I was chosen to the surprise of many. Now folks are miffed.
2. I think I got got. The only way I can maintain my promotion and everything else that i've been doing is based on the strength of the current team. Once the team goes, only a matter of time, my workload will intensify significantly.
3. Last night, it occurred to me that the amount of money it would take for Sweets to have dedicated studio time is actually significantly less than I thought it would be. To be honest it could be done almost immediately....except we'd have to cut back significantly on all of our trips. This doesn't even require thought. Just sacrifice. Putting that on the 2010 list.
4. My ears just popped and I can finally hear. Ummm....why does my breathing resemble Biggie's? #headcoldfail
5. I hate when Sweets and I are sick at the same time. I am skillfully able to take care of myself, when sick. I can take care of him when he's sick, but I do not have the time/energy/brain power to do both simultaneously. Jesus be a z-pack!
6. I don't have any close friends that are homesexual and/or a different ethnicity. Not one. I don't have an issue with either group, so it's surprising to me that as I take stock of my closest friends, the diversity isn't there. That's not very 2010 of me.
7. This morning I deferred my student loan payment....again....i think I've done at least 5 deferrals in the last 5 years. One day...I will start repaying in earnest. Today is not that day.
8. My H.R. lady was exasperated that so many employees had no clue what their salary/monthly deductions were etc. I was silent as she ranted. I know what my checks should be every 2 weeks. However, because I'm taxed within an inch of my life, I have no clue what I make on paper. Just the paltry amount I eventually take home.
9. I am growing weary of the amount of time that passes between when I see a movie in the theatre and when I can watch it at home. Bootlegging aside. I don't understand why there isn't a virtual system that can scan my movie ticket stub and allow me to rewatch a movie at home days after I watched it in the theatre. Sherlock Holmes is prompting this rant-BTW.
10. Just saw an ad for a Mariah Carey tour and I shuddered. Going to a MC show around the Music Box era would have been fab. Right now I can't remember the last time I saw her perform and didn't gag. The notes aren't the same. The awkward stage presence is painful. I'm not spending good money to hear her skip the high notes. Nothing annoys me more than when an artist has you fall in love with a song, only to be incapable of duplicating its awesomeness in a live show.
Staring Continues.....one more hour to go
3 comments:
Congrats on the promotion! I think we've all been sitting and staring lately, especially with the New Year approaching. Glad to see that I'm not the only one scared of a MC tour...she really isn't what she used to be. Besides, something about her overly grown behind being desperately attached to spandex dresses in varying hues disturbs me and makes me question her mental state, smh.
yay promotion! w/more money i hope! minus team? booooo.... biggie. ROTFL @ you gasping for breath. sorry! i can't be sick at the same time as anyone else. i'm too sick selfish. i have friends of different ethnicities mostly b/c of work. lol @ you wanting to see movies immediately. that's an interesting idea, tho. if i got free tix i would SO see mimi!
1. I hope everyone doesn't revolt and leave you holding the bag. That would suck.
4. Biggie breathing is not a good look. Got that weed and asthma respiration.
6. Is that because you are a bigot? LOL. I'm kidding. You got me beat, i don't have any close friends at all.
9. Movies are coming out on DVD mad quick these days. It used to be at least 6 months, sometimes a year later.
10. MC is coming to the A on January 18th I think.
Post a Comment