1. I just received a payroll update from Job 1, not saying that we're getting paid early due to the holidays, but that there will only be one check issued in December. The last check issued was December 7. ***Blinking***
2. Yesterday....4 days before Christmas, I realize I don't know what either of my Secret Santa recipients really want. So sweets calls the recipient in his family and asks him what he'd fancy for Christmas.
Sweets: "What do you want?"
Recipient: "I don't really get gifts, it's been a couple of years."
Sweets: (pause) "soooo.....what do you want?"
Recipient: "I don't really know"
Dani(in my mind): "What in the hell do you mean you don't know what you want???? I don't understand that answer."
Tangent/Rant Alert!!
A) the fact that we're doing secret santa, isn't a secret. Soooo you should already be thinking about what you'd like as a gift.
B) if someone walked up to you right now and said I have $50 with your name on it, are you telling me you don't know what you'd like? B*tch please. Excuse my language. But seriously, I have a running list in my mind that I'd like at all price points. I do mean all price points $10-$10,000. Not because I'm greedy, but because I'm not yet living as fabulously as I strive to live. So any opportunity to knock something off my gift/bill list I'm allllllll about that.
C) People who have no style are as hard to shop for as people who have a specific style. My sister is Express all day, every day. Me? I'm Ann Taylor. We both will work the hell out of Target. Right there. You have a visual, you know what I'm talking about. Sweets, is a love child of PacSun/Zara/Banana/Urban Outfitters...All day. If Mr. Rogers had a skateboarding son that lived in Cali and liked Johnny Gill he would be it. The style might be hard to visualize, but it's there and it gives me a lot to work with. This recipient...not one specific style point. So clothing giftcards/shoes are out!
D) If I don't know your last name, stop trying to make me work. TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!
TANGENT OVER
2 (cont). My other Secret Santa....is my Uncle. He is...was...my fave. He's a man's man and so he doesn't want for much. I had decided to get him some drivers from our store. They looked like him and it would be an easy (read: inexpensive) gift for him. My aunt decided on Monday....four days before Christmas....to issue the wishlist of all of the Secret Santa participants. Everyone listed 3 things. My uncle listed one. His wish: 4-wheel center.caps for a 1989.c230.Benz.
***BLINKING***
3. I've got it. This holiday season is a microcosm of 2009. This year was rough. There were plenty of highs, but my goodness....the lows were incredibly low. I'm so over the things of 2009 and have tons of anticipation for what will be different (starting with my mentality) in 2010.
Well.....I'm two very generic giftcards away from getting past this trying season. Wait....can I afford two generic giftcards??? Le Sigh. Come on... New Year.
5 comments:
there are so many things wrong with this post i almost don't know where to begin. 1. NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!! why do you still work there? they are making you an involuntary volunteer. 2. you don't know what you want? american express gift card. done. if you can't be bothered to think about yourself neither can i. methinks maybe next year you opt out of the secret santa unless you do one for the young & one for the old (how my fam used to do it). & giving lists 4 days before Christmas? I really can't. There's no point. Esp. so specific that it sounds like a joke. Do I have to find those on ebay??? stick w/planned gift. DONE. you see i don't play w/these people. it's this or NOTHING. so there. messsssss
Dani, real talk, why are you still at job #1? They stress ME out for you! December 7? That's a joke. No soft 'j'.
Your uncle's wish does sound like a joke.
"I would like street cred and a bulldozer for Christmas. Work it out."
People who don't know what they want should get nothing, holla. I did that to Drew once and best believe he found something to want when our anny came around!!
LoL @ street cred and a bulldozer!!
I'm with Jameil - there's nothing like a well-placed AMEX gift card for the person who doesn't know what they want. My brothers are each getting one this year and they're going to like it. End of story.
Secret Santa = gift cards. I'll take that over something that someone thinks I'll like.
I need the payroll to get that together. How you just gonna change when people get paid?
Your uncle sounds like my mom, her Christmas wish list one year: PT Cruiser, new living room furniture, and new diamond earrings...mom, I'm in undergrad!
2010 is just around the corner...you can do it!
Post a Comment