1. I'm not sure if people are surprised that I'm still at the office(2-week temp job going on 4 months) or if they know something that I don't know....but the greetings have gotten a wee bit less friendly. As if they know something I don't know....hmmm....I've been fired a time or two before....I don't exactly get that same feeling. Maybe everyone's busy....or maybe I should start taking down personal effects.
2. I don't mind doing mindless work (read: pretending to do mindless work) and collecting a check for it, if there isn't anything else that I need to be doing. Lately, I've either had holiday/trip planning, other jobs, etc. on my mind and sitting in a cube for 5 hours a day, when I could be knocking those things out....muy frustrating.
3. I may be up for a promotion. My promotion would change my work dynamic with Sweets. Right now we are co-workers, but if things were to change...I'd be his manager. Now umm....if I put the shoe on the other foot, I wouldn't take the change well. I can't pretend to not take things personally. A stern work related comment/gesture will come back up @ home. Don't judge me, I don't claim to be perfect. So I can only imagine that gender roles aside, things will be different for us, if this happens. I'll keep you posted.
4. I feel like wedding registries are as much of a reflection of the couple as all of the other pieces of the wedding. If you make $xxx,xxx a year and you're registered at Claire's for your bridal shower....Moving on.....
2 comments:
I can't stand mindless work no matter the situation. I get very irritated. I usually end up in relationships where I'm the more ambitious person and would expect to be promoted at a faster rate. If my booski has an issue w/that he probably wouldn't be w/me. This is to say nothing of your relationship, this is for me and mine. OMG I LOVE REGISTRIES!! I completely agree. They speak volumes about the couple!
Promotion?? Y'all will just have to learn to separate work from play! I hope you get it :-)
Registries are TOTALLY a reflection of the bride/couple!! They show what kind of taste a person has.
Did the wedding you attend have a Claire's list??? Please tell me it did!!
Post a Comment