Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ramblings: Whirlwind

1. Had to be at work at 8am. Sent in an email at 7am saying I was going to be late.
Q: How early is too early?

2. The email only made it to the drafts folder and never got sent. I got here at 8:15 and my manager got in at 8:50am. Email.....deleted.
Q: Can I put 8 on my timesheet?

3. Our receptionist worked 2 hours today and then kicked off her vacation until Jan. 4. She showed me how to use the postage machine in the same way that Jesus discussed the commandments with Moses.
Q: Why did she think it was that serious?

4. One of our employees has to be on the tail end of 80 and he spent the AM talking about his 1910-1920 era artists on his ipod and the various old stations on Si.rius. I turned down my Blackberry media player which was streaming FM radio for me to hear his tirade.
Q: What is wrong with this picture???

5. The lady that operates the temp agency I'm contracted through is good friends with my supervisor. She drove 2 hours north to drop off a holiday present for me AND my check(early), visited with my supervisor for a second and bounced. Job 1 notified me that they mailed a check yesterday(maybe). Only after one of the employees had an emotional breakdown.
Q: (sigh) I don't even have a question.

6. I killed my interview today for the job 2 promotion....made her tear up....no seriously, she teared up. More on that later.

7. I have a distinct feeling that everything is going to go left while I'm planning a path to the right. Not in a bad way. We'll see how things shake out.

No comments: