Thursday, December 3, 2009

MOH Musings: Dresses

Last week's task was dress shopping and it went incredibly well. Three dresses in mis hermana found her "it" dress and IT was fab! Now a couple of things stood out to me on this trip.

#1: My mother and 2 of the BM's were in tears by the time the first dress was zipped up. I wasn't ready....stubbed my toe and everything I could not produce one tear. I just dutifully handed out tissues. Why were we crying? I need to hire a crying squad for my dress fitting.

#2: I'm becoming more of my mother's child and have little to no tolerance for bad service.

-This was my second time at this bridal shop. The first was when we went BM dress shopping with Madam Smith. Both times I experienced deplorable service. Look ladies. Blame TLC...when I go to a shop I want Kleinfields service. I do not want to pushy sales people or unattentiveness. I am emotionally on edge and the dresses are sized bigger than my normal size so I'm already on "Ready, Set, and GO!" Our lady wreaked of Newports and brown liquor. Oh for shame! Now, I am a card-carrying lover of chocolate-toned intoxicants. How & Ever not when I'm in bridal mode! Also, this woman clearly was reading the book "Multi-tasking for Dummies" but got distracted. She was always gone at the wrong times and never there at the right ones. Like when we said, "we'll take this dress." She was ghost!
-The one saving grace was this gem of a specialist that picked these amazing accessories that set the dress off! Oooo I'm sending Taryn a thank you card! The other one, Boozie McStankerson, got a scathing comment card.

#3: One of the BM's cornered me to talk about the shower. The conversation went something like this....

BM: Were you planning on having an Orlando shower or a local shower?
Dani(in my mind): Did I shower today?
Dani Aloud: Ummm....not...sure
BM: Well....we were thinking....(diatribe)
Dani(in my mind): Did I transfer that money over to my other account? Hmm my front tire looks like it needs air, I'll call Sweets. I need to get packed for my trip this weekend. I wonder what Ash and I will do for her bday next weekend.
BM: (diatribe comes to a close) So...just think about it and let me know
Dani Aloud: will do!

Ok seriously....the wedding is 10/16/10. I can't....I...I feel like I need to give someone my resume and let them know that I'm not that chick. More importantly I'm not that MOH. I've only maintained a modicum of sanity thus far because I maintain this mantra: "Do Not Be More Involved Than The Principle Person." Which means if the bride hasn't thought about it, I haven't thought about it. Yes, go ahead and scratch me off your MOH list, I'll wait :) To me a MOH's job is to keep the bride happy.

#4: Hence the title....These ladies are really really really invested in Ash's happiness. Which is the goal, but I'm just saying. I foresee a Battle Royale showdown of best friend-dom happening in 5-4-3-2....Yep...I'll play ref.

MOH Out....

Oh yes, I need to standardize my disclaimer on these MOH posts....
Ladies, if you're reading. I mean 99% of this in jest. Seriously. Ok...98.5%

5 comments:

Jameil said...

In jest but very serious. Clearly don't be more involved than the principle person (unless you're the planner) is an AWESOME rule of thumb. She's young, tho so you know all of her friends have very little better to do than help plan the wedding and everything else! I would've been all over that 2 years ago!

Does being a MOH make you want to plan your own wedding less? That's how I feel about Whose Wedding is it Anyway? I'm excited about marriage. A wedding to me is a pretty dress & a great party. ROTFL @ stubbed my toe and everything I could not produce one tear!! LOLOL!!

Jameil said...

Oh and your sister is clearly my dress inspiration. Found it on no. 3??? OH HECK YES!!! But remind me why you continually go to a place with horrible service??????

Naima said...

LoL @ Boozie McStankerson!!

You had to go back to the Alfred Angelo of fail?? Boo hiss!!

I can only imagine how FAB your sister's dress is going to be.

Adei von K said...

LMAO!

We're not cryers. Sorry, can't do it. unless i'm hungry AND stuck in traffic.

oooh yeah, I did picture everything being like kleinfields... I guess not. and I can only imagine how david's bridal on okeechobee in the same plaza as kmart and a hair store will be...

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Jam....at this point I want to elope....ok maybe I'm just shy of eloping. I just want good food and conversation. Light on the frills.

Also...had no idea I was heading back to that place....until I got there. How & ever...fab dress for an even better price. No seriously...great price.

Naima....the dress....ok so I'm doing situps from now until Christ comes back just to get that shape...it's really simple but she shines in it.

Ana...I've been to David's a couple of times its not terrible you just have to go there first. Do not go anywhere sassier before David's because you will get that "i'm a flee market" itch and walk out.