Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Toothless B*tch

8pm Tuesday

Text message from my brother: The internet is down what's the log in information to reboot?
Text from Dani: (all the information to reboot the system)

5am Wednesday

Dani: (Rolls over grabs computer to login and start working) Hmm...its not working....

(Dani then grabs a robe...trudges to the living room....struggles to find a flashlight....pulls all of the cords out.....struggling...struggling.....struggling.....)

Dani: (Sigh) That toothless b*tch!

Epiphany: The brother got the information that he needed and instead of rebooting the system and going about his business, he connected his video game system directly to the dsl modem and left the computer and wireless router disconnected.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #2

Now the internet is up and running...it's 5:45 am....and I'm pulling up the work logs to see what articles were covered by the night team. I'm seeing good numbers in the major categories. Hmmm....what I'm not seeing is any coverage of Obama's arrival in London.

Now...on a personal level, my interest in the G.20 Summit can be summed up by this lovely blog.

However, professionally, I need my team to be all over it. We have an article saying he's left the U.S., but nothing saying he ever arrived...anywhere....hmm....

Here's the kicker.....by the time I realized that we hadn't covered his arrival (which happened 15 hours earlier), he(Obama) was moments away from finishing a press conference with the U.K. PM......Can't cover the 2nd item until we cover the first one.....great.....its 5:53am.

Press conference finishes @ 6am. Effectively my evening team leader has left me in a position where I need to generate two major items in 7 minutes and then be prepared to account for why we missed such a major event 15 hours prior.....Toothless B*tch!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I need coffee....and a bat....heads are rolling this morning.

No comments: