After dinner, the boy went to play with my cousins. The parents went their respective ways...the dad was on the patio chatting it up with my uncle and the mom was chatting it up with my aunt & mom. The little girl got the family room to herself, while my Gramps lounged in the living room.
The little girl quickly pulled up Nick on the computer and had the TV on the Dis.ney lineup. It was a whole foreign world to me. Forgive me for aging myself, but I remember when Dis.ney didn't even have commercial breaks. I also remember a time when Saturday morning cartoons were not to be missed. The new programming was a bit off-putting...
So here are the questions for the morning (an ode to Kiddie days)....What are your answers?
1. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?
2. What was your favorite TGIF Line Up?

3. Can you finish this song? "It's Friday night/And the mood is right/Gonna have some fun....."
4. What cartoon character sheet set did you have?
5. Did you have a character lunch box? If so who was on it?
6. Do you know what these are?

7. Did you have a slap bracelet? If so what color/pattern.
8. Did you see any of these movies in the theatre? Who Framed Roger Rabbit, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Land Before Time, The Goonies, Short Circuit, Any of the Back To The Future movies.
9. Did you have sneakers with a pump or lights?
10. Name the Artist for these lyrics:
A. You got the right stuff, baby
Love the way you turn me on
You got the right stuff, baby
You’re the reason why I sing this song
All that I needed was you
Oh girl, you’re so right
And all that I wanted was you
You made all (my dreams come true)
B. You got to cool it now
You got to cool it now
Ooooooh watch out
You're gonna loose control
Cool it now
You got to slow it down
Slow it down...
You're gonna fall in love
C. Girl, you know it's true.
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you.
Yes, you know it's true.
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you.
Girl, you know it's true.
My love is for you.
Girl, you know it's true.
My love is for you.
Enjoy your morning :)
10 comments:
1, Sliverhawks and the Smurfs and the Get Along Gang
2. TGIF run would probably have to 1989-1991. "Not the mama!"
3. "...show you how its done, T.G.I.F!"
4. Smurfs
5. Sliverhawks, with the Thermos inside. All the characters were on it, Quicksilver, Bluegrass and Copper Kid. "You don't even know...!"
6. POGS. I actually never got into them. I did have a cousin who obsessed about them like a crackhead.
7. I could have been known to have a slap bracket here and there.
8. I definitely saw Short Circuit and the Land Before Time (mind you there are like 50 Land Before Times now) in the theatre and Bambi too.
9. Some L.A. gears. I think I owe my parents my kidneys for those shoes now. I don't think my organs were worth enough to get the pump ones.
10. A)New Kids on the Block, B)New Edition, C)Milli Vanilli
Peace and blessings!
1. Recess
2. spring 1993-1994: Hangin with Mr. Cooper was my ish!
3. DAMN! I forgot!
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
5. Oh yeah, and it was metal! TMNT! I was so obsessed, that i thought i was one.
6. UGH!!! You know who used to drive me absolutely insane with these. i used to be walking in my room at night and straight up BUST MY ASS!
7. i stole one from shawna one time and gave it to a girl for valentine's day at school. i was the man for the rest of the semester! lol
8. All Dogs Go To Heaven, Land Before Time, and one of the later Back To The Future movies i did see in theater. Unfortunately, some of the others were before me.
9. LA Gears, British Knights, The ol' skool Ree's with the pump, some of the original Jordans.... Take Your Pick!
10. NKOTB, New Edition w/Bobby Brown, Milli Vanilli
My Answers:
1. Gem
2. Fall 1989-1990 & fall 93-94
3. "...show you how its done, T.G.I.F!"
4. Rainbow Brite
5. Care Bears
6. POGS. They were banned from school
7. No I never had one because they were banned as soon as they came out.
8. All Dogs Go To Heaven
9. L.A. gears
10. A)New Kids on the Block, B)New Edition, C)Milli Vanilli
1. X-Men, Hammer Time ( get it got it good)
2. 1990-1991
3. can't rember but is TGIF
4. I had the dinosaur sheets with the tent.
5. He-man or Winn-Dixie aka the plastic grocery bag
6. POGS didn't collect them
7. Had a slap bracelet just name a color
8. Roger rabbit was the first movie i saw in a theatre
9. I had the Handmedowns, Avita or Aviva? LA Gears I think or BKs.
10. New Kids on the Block
New Edition, Millie Vanillie (my first CD sad I know...now look how gangsta I am)
Hill! I forgot abt the Hammer cartoon...this is why I love you!
1. The bugs bunny show and Smurfs
2.1993-1994
3.No does that not make me a real 80/90's kid lol
4. None I slept in a full bed LOL
5.My little Pony/carebears
6.Pogs
7.yes and I use to sell them, they weren't allowed at school after someone got there writs slashed in some other state. But I made good money along with candy and other illegal things at school!
8.I saw everything except Short Circuit and the Goonies.
9. Of course LA Lights!
10.NKOTB B.not sure I went to a white school and C Milli Vanilli
1. Barbie had her own cartoon after Gem... I remember like it was yesterday
2. '91-'92 Who doesn't remember Balki from Perfect Strangers?? ooo and Dinasours was my show!
3. Show you how its done TGIF!!
4. Pooh, he's a classic
5. Strawberry short cake it think...
6. POGS my slammer had a panda bear on it a sparkles, i still miss it..
7. Yes it was rainbow and the colors changed when you moved your wrist back and forth
8. All Dogs Go To Heaven, Land before Time and still own the VHS for both
9. LA Gears baby!
10. NKOTB, New Edition, Milli Vanilli
1. A pup Named Scooby Doo tied with Looney Tunes! actually, the whole ABC line up!
2. that 89-90 line up was great! full house, family matters AND perfect strangers?!!?
3. "... show you how its done T-G-I-F... just wait right here!"
4. My Little Pony.
5. Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, She-Ra... i went thru some lunchboxes!
6. I LOVED Pogs!! esp the iridescent ones!
7. i can't name all the slap bracelets i had...
8. i still haven't seen Goonies... it looked gross
9. i had reebok pumps in in white with purple and pink!
10. new kids, new edition, milli vanilli
:-)
YES, memory lane!!!
1. Smurfs, Looney Tunes, Fat Albert
2.1994-1995...I had a huge crush on Topanga she was a thick ass white girl
3. I know the song but have no idea who sings it!
4.G.I. Joe
5.G.I. Joe and Transformers
6. Yeah but I never got into them!
7. Nope guys got beat up if you had one!
8. Saw em all in the theater except all dogs go to heaven.
9.I had the first reebok pumps...Dee brown was short and won the slam dunk contest so i made my mom by me some pumps so i could dunk also. I think mine were broken!
10a) New Kids on the Block
b) New Edition
c)Milli Vanilli
1. Punky Brewster
2. Fall 1990
3. Huh?
4. No cartoon, just unicorns
5. Strawberry Shortcake
6. I have no clue
7 No slap bracelet
8. Back to the Future
9. Umm no, too cute for that LOL
10a. NKOTB
10b. NE
10c. Milli Vanilli
Post a Comment