Monday, April 20, 2009

Mad As Hell


My dear friend sent me a text this weekend that shockingly evoked the kind of anger, within myself, that I hadn't felt in almost a year. I broke out into a mini-rant and quickly realized that my anger was nearing rage. Sweets wiped his shocked, side-eye look from his face and calmly started to dig until we got the bottom of the issues.

To be clear, the text that I received had NOTHING to do with me. It had everything to do with a friend's desire to keep his apt cleaned...and not having his g/f in close enough proximity to help. (I don't know why that was a trigger--wait, yes I do).

I realized that I get mad as hell and simultaneously incredulous at the audacity of my ex-friends and ex's family to harbor some kind of ill-sentiment toward me and my desire to find happiness elsewhere. Not kind of bothered, or sort of upset...no....I end up boiling. (how does that link to the text? Keep reading)




How dare you be rude, not speak, feel some sort of ill-will because I elected to opt out of the 'forever package' of my former relationship. (link to the text, coming up)

Seriously?

Why don't you take some of that energy and sit the ex down and explain to him what he was incapable of appreciating. Let him know that having someone maintain(clean, shop for, etc.) his home (despite being made to feel that it would always just be his home) is something that usually yields appreciation/recognition/head-nod. (Empty statements about marriage & a family in a few years, but the inability to mention wedding details without looking like you're going to vomit--are not considered 'appreciation')<------this paragraph is what links my anger to that text

After that, maybe you can chit-chat with him about the fact that you can't really sustain a relationship on once a week convos. (or several phone convos that when totalled don't exceed 30 minutes--in a week)<---uh-oh its the rant again....

Finally, you might want to mention that after the 8th grade its lame to "not disclose relationship status with the public" (unless of course you're Beyonce....then its REALLY LAME). <---really wasn't an angry factor, just lame....

I'm the one to blame? Oh...I see....Sweets in the one to blame?

Not so much, Man-the-f*ck up and accept that the disintegration of that relationship happened because I wasn't happy with you. It has nothing to do with the man that I'm happy with now.

Concession(see..I'm not unreasonable): I didn't handle the break-up appropriately and for that I'm sorry. I was unhappy for months before we broke up. So much so that by the time we got to the break-up I had already checked out emotionally(and it had been that way for some time). That's why I could move on so quickly. I admit, the ex absolutely deserved to know that things were going south instead of being blind-sided at the end.

{But--To my defense, I couldn't imagine how he didn't know things were "shot to sh*t," but again, I didn't tell him until I was on my way out.}

Oh...and the frmr friends of mine that feel as though coddling the ex's hurt heart means dabbling in rudeness/disrespect can kiss my a&&.<----that was a bit tart...made me giggle though.

Have a glorious day (I'm feeling great about mine).

LOL-By the way....leaving fb remarks @ 4am...is also lame. Sweet's ex is still single...give her a call.<--------So unnecessary....but....:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, i was thinking (as usual).....

there is absolutely no reason for us to feed such negativity onto ourselves. we both were in situations where we were under-appreciated, misled, and over worked. but we found each other and realized each other's "worth". therefor, we will never make the same subtle yet silly mistakes again. I love you and i consider myself blessed that i finally found something/someone to cherish, and i know that the feeling is reciprocated.

As for the haters... It sucks to be in their shoes. For they will never know/experience a feeling as intense as this. AND they will always have to deal with the underlying thought that they missed the opportunity to right their wrong, and get a second chance!

OH WELL! TOO DAMN BAD!

DrMPH said...

Well said gotta apperciate the man for speaking the truth and thinking lol. Haters will hate and as my new BFF said oh well TOO DAMN BAD lol

Jameil said...

wow... i'm gonna need people to allow you to happily move on. it's been more than a year, right? yeah... the train has left the station. enjoy the ride.