My whirlwind weekend of DC--> Charlotte--> DC was amazing, but I'm exhausted. Charlotte was actually incredibly enjoyable especially considering we did a whole lot of nothing. It was one of those trips where we tried a slew of restaurants and lounged around.
I had an absolute blast! I love the calmness of Charlotte and can't wait to do a return trip.
Also, equally important about the trip was introducing LC to the Smiths as a collective. LC and podmate met some time ago, but introducing her Hubs to LC was definitely a point of apprehension.
Thankfully, that meeting went well and I've checked it off of my "to-do" list.
Why apprehension? Having introduced my last two boyfriends to my nearest and dearest only to have them eventually become exes has proven problematic and frankly quite messy. In both instances my then b/fs got quite close to the guys that are in my life by proxy (my sister's fiancee and my bestie's husband).
Case in point, Sweets was definitely in my sis's bridal party. Then we weren't an "item." Ash's fiancee couldn't get ahold of Sweets. Then he wasn't in the party etc. etc. like I said....messy.
Nevertheless I suppose it's a necessary evil. We'll see how the rest of the meet and greets play out. Next up: the families.
1 comment:
damn.
well, i'm all for introducing the signigs. we can't hide them till the wedding so why not? if he's special, then you share :-)
Post a Comment