Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trying Times

I posted forever ago about a meeting that could/would change my everything. Then it did. Sort of. I've been in limbo, dying to post my updates, but also trying to be cautious and smart about what I am/was publicizing.

Lets do some updates:

1. I have a possible job offer on the table that would relocate me to NYC within the next 90 days.

2. The 'possible' part is in place because at this point, I still need to do a company visit and formally receive an offer and accept it. The only certain point is that I'm the only candidate being considered for this spot.

3. The position was being fast-tracked until this week. The executive that was going to be managing my division (he was also the last person I interviewed with) is no longer with the company. Fast-track brought to a halt.

4. Yes, the position is still mine for the taking. However, there are some bigger hurdles that have to be handled first. (Praying on this one).

5. I am part-time at job 1 (yes I did resign from my former role, but did agree to do some part-time work to help transition the division). However, based on some convos I think the temporary part of my 'part-time-ness' escaped my boss. I'll have to nip that in the bud.

6. Job 2 is going wonderfully. I feel like an ogre for even considering leaving. However, as my mother so aptly stated, "They should either hire you, or hire you. Being part-time for months is ridiculous."

OK.....just so that we are now all on the same page I cna go back to blogging "regularly."

3 comments:

Jameil said...

Maaaan!!! I hope you get it!!!

Adei von K said...

PRAYERS!

Naima said...

How awesome! I wish you the best!!