I have been blown away this weekend by the power of great friends and great people. I am neither naive, in thinking that the world is filled with rainbows and ponies, nor am I jaded, in thinking that the world is filled with heartless souls. I take everyone as they are and try not to hold any expectations.
I am really bad about maintaining old relationships. I tend to 'disappear' once I pass one stage of my life and move on to the next one. It's been six years since I graduated from undergrad and 10 years since I graduated from high school. The amount of relationships that I've actively maintained since May 23, 2000 and May 9, 2004, respectively, have been shameful.
This weekend reminded me that despite my own shortcomings in that area, I have some amazing people in my life that are willing to accept that my shortcomings.
I am incredibly thankful for everyone who made this very hectic weekend a lot easier with your advice, prayers, inquiries, laughter, good times, transportation, quiet moments, and hugs.
P.S. Shout-out to the Senegalese cab driver who picked me up, despite having a fare in his car, because it was raining and he hoped that someone would've done it for his own child.
No comments:
Post a Comment