Monday, April 19, 2010

Masochism

Coffee was a bad idea today. Ok, it was necessary bad idea, but a bad idea nevertheless.

I'm finally awake. However the coffee paired with my anxiety about this week (in general) has created a fiery, heart-burn laden storm in my esophagus. Nice.

To-do:

*Finalize a trendy, chic, business ensemble in muted tones with punchy color accents(I swear to you that's what the H.R. Lady suggested-love her!) that is travel friendly.
*Line up some apts to look @ on Friday.
*Pack
*Squeeze hair, nail, brow appt in btwn now and then.
*I shop when I'm nervous....I came to my senses today and need to return some (read: MOST) of my frivolity.

Schedule this week?

Working 9am-9:30pm Mon-Wed. And fly out 6:30am Thursday.

Nice!

Solution?

Start the PM job 2 hrs late today and Wed. (Tuesday we have a corp visit so I need to be on-time as scheduled). That will create a 3 hour window in which I will fly around town and whittle down my 2do list. Packing can happen after work each night. Hopefully.

Bottom Line?

It has to get done so it will.

Sidenote: Why didn't I do these things over the weekend? (If I read this that would be my question). I worked Saturday 9-4/emceed a gala Sat night 6-10 and worked Sunday 10-7.

Making the impossible possible is both masochistic and exhilarating......here we go :-). Excited !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when a plan comes together! Can't wait to hear the results of your interview. Good luck!

P.S. if you need a low fee/no fee place to look for apts try Rapid Realty (rapidnyc.com). The people are friendly and they helped me find my apt in Harlem that I absolutely LOVE! This coming from a born & bred BK girl...BK folk NEVER cross the bridge to go uptown lol.

Adei von K said...

i'm seeing khaki editor pants and a thin, solid v-neck sweater with a white oxford underneath.

talk abt whirlwind! i can't wait to hear the results!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

D- Thanks! Checking that out now!

Adei-That ensemble was actually dressier than the office was...it was more like skinnies, amazing heels, tank, blazer, scarf (fashion not warmth)