I dreamt that I ended up eternally single. I suppose that would be more accurately labeled a nightmare.
In my dream I remember saying, "what I'm looking for is really simple."
My man list?
Faith-based individual (in actions, not words) who put me at the top of his list. Oh...umm....is invested in family time, chivalrous, funny, smart, and cute.
Ok....maybe I wanted it all.
The way my dream played out was that I compromised my way out of most of "it all." I wrapped my man[re]quests up with a "please, if you could, maybe" and ended up with something that is far from "it all". I ended up with nothing.
Back to reality:
Brew and I were discussing the people in this world that get "it all." They tend to be unyielding, brazen, and strategic. They are the ones that get the jobs, raises, and relationships. While we the 'compromisers/accommodaters' end up on the "she/he is so nice" plateau.
Striking a balance between demanding what I want and knowing when to bend is the umbrella issue. For me specifically, the issue is knowing when NOT to bend.
A dream about being a spinster is abysmal. A dream about always playing second because I don't demand first is deplorable.
Time to wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment