I woke up this morning oddly refreshed.
Why is it odd to wake up refreshed?
Yesterday, I spent my first afternoon off (in nearly two weeks) helping my cousin with a research paper. One would surmise that my mood would be even worse than it was yesterday. One may also surmise that the 2am bedtime and 4am awake time would leave me even crankier still.
Hmmm..."one" would be strangely incorrect.
Despite the fact that the paper involved phrases like peer socialization, affiliation with deviant adolescence, research concepts, validity vs. reliability etc. I had a blast stepping away from the adult tedium and remembering what it was like to have a 5-page paper be the biggest obstacle I had to face for the week.
We paused at some point mid-paper to grab some food and laugh it up (at which point my 18-year-old cousin ordered margaritas with ease, meanwhile the waitress questioned my age. *strumpet*) and pretty much worked well into the early morning. The entire thing was so outside of what I've been immersed in recently that it was a breath of fresh air.
Peace comes at the most unexpected times.
Have a good day all!
No comments:
Post a Comment