Monday, October 19, 2009

Ramblings

1. I was out of the office last week because the lady that I work with went on vacation. Now at job 34,987 I work on an hourly basis, which means no work/no pay. When I returned this morning everyone said, "How was your week off...did you enjoy it?" Ummm...maybe it's just me, but an unpaid week off does not constitute a vacation. Vacation is when #1 I'm not in the office and #2 My absence does not affect my pay.

2. The lady that I work with called in sick today.....why not email me so that I could work from home? If you email/text/call/smoke signal/carrier pigeon me when there is a major crisis, then do so when there is a minor crisis. Don't be selective! I could've been in bed!

3.My wheat breakfast bagel had a hint of onion in the final bites. I suppose that the bagel in the next nearest bagel caddie was onion. If I wanted onion in my bagel I promise I would have ordered it. Stop cross-pollinating my breakfast!

4. I may be the only person even thinking this, but thank you H1.N1! Before you completely write me off as crazy, when I was in high school you had to cross a set of train tracks to get to the school. If the train was running late or was particularly long you would be given a "train pass" to cover your tardiness. H1.N1 is the modern day "train pass." Any mention that you might be under the weather gets you promptly sent home from any location. Anyone can be sick at any given moment, so the general assumption that everyone is a bit sick and sooooo.....last week's project? Delayed....why? Wasn't feeling too hot. Questions asked? Zero. Score!

5. Treasure and Trash. I'm an overthinker and in my downtime my mind goes crazy. I start to question everything/everybody/every decision that I've made and I work myself into a froth.
I'm going to work on a Treasures and Trash board so that I have a visual reminder of the treasures in my life and the trash I've been delivered from.

Happy Monday :)

1 comment:

Naima said...

LoL @ breakfast cross-pollination!!!