Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Should've Known Better!

My tale begins & Ends here....


Meeting at the office @ 10am. 
Please get there @ 9am.


Very simple email.
I enjoy simple.
Welcome it.
Appreciate it.
Understand it.

Blazer?Check!
(complete with the pushed up sleeves since that's kinda sassy right now--oh don't think you need to call Stacey and Clinton-- to be specific: dark denim jeans, black tank, black blazer with the sleeves slightly pushed up for that office chic look).

On Time?

Check!
I get out the door at 8:30am.  I'm kinda getting hungry, but I'm a woman on a mission so I keep going.  The drive to the office takes 30 minutes regardless of traffic, route, etc.  Thirty minutes.

@ 8:50 I realize there is a Starbucks coming up.  My tummy is rumbling.
...hmmm...I could make it to the office on time...OR...I could make it to the office 15 minutes late but I'll be better equipped to actually work.

Two Lights left.....what to do....

Ugh! One Light....Clock ticking....

Damn!

Decisions, Decisions








Decision made.

I get to the office at 9:10am.  Get to the door.



The hole with the wires...that is where the card swipe used to be.  

The dead bolt is locked.


So I'm here in the stairwell, putting my stuff on the ledge, making a phone call.....




Dani: Hello Boss
Boss: Hi
Dani: I can't get in the office
Boss: Where's the secretary
Dani: She's off today
Boss: Ok, give me five minutes and I'll be in the office, but umm is there any particular reason why you want to come in today?
Dani: Because we have a meeting at 10
Boss: (Pause)....no we have a meeting on Thursday
Dani: The email said Tuesday
Boss: My Fault, I'm sorry
Dani: (Sigh) See you thursday


I'm in the bed.

No comments: