So the night didn't end with the dancing. We realized that we've been couped up in an emotionally draining madhouse all day and we now had even more to celebrate so we headed to a local irish bar.
Yes...on Jesus' Bday....Don't judge me!
Ok, so at the bar the boyfriends play pool, sis & I play darts we are drinking it up. Enter the pitchers of beer....(sigh).
By that time my podmate and her fiancee 'Phi' arrived on the scene and debauchery was in full effect.
Did I mention the pitcher of beer?
Ok....so the boyfriends engage in their 'chimneying' (blacks)...Did I mention the pitcher of beer?
So lets recount.....
At house #1 we dranks a carrot juice (not v8, but a special mom concoction that rivals any eggnog-esque drink you've ever had...ever) it had a bit of rum in it. White Rum...ok yes....I'm Jamaican.
Then the boys bought a handle of crown at House #2. They collectively finished more than half of it.
At house #2 everyone had at least one glass of rum punch. More rum than punch and it was made with JB
Sigh
At the bar the boys continued with their love of all things crown & coke and then...the 2 pitchers of beer.
Ok....
So.....someone(present company excluded) went home with less in their stomach than what they arrived with. To be specific, that which was in their stomach is prob still on the sidewalk.
Thanks bestie for being the DD and getting everyone home safely! Thanks Podmate and PHI for making the night special :)
It was an 'interesting' first Christmas with the boyfriends. They didn't seem too thrown by the whole ordeal and at the end of the day we realized and remembered that nothing is guaranteed. So we should cherish what/who we have EVERY DAY.
And at the end of the day my b.cakes left me with this tidbit: "I enjoyed our last first Christmas." I guess cakes wasn't thrown at all and we'll do it again next year :)
2 comments:
lol. oh drinks! i have managed to cut down on the drinking this time at home!
Loves it! Glad I wasn't the only one sipping on crown for Jesus B day! But I prefer Henn! OF course I will have some waiting for you and the one..when you guys make it to DC!
Post a Comment