Sunday, December 21, 2008

Disappointment

I have a hard time processing disappointment.  To be specific, I have hard time processing disappointment when it deals with the significant other and/or close friends.  In turn, I take any disappointment that might stem from me/my behavior seriously.  

I suppose ultimately this issue with disappointment is my own fault.  I have a trifecta of flaws that creates the perfect storm: high expectation, overactive imagination, and stubbornness.

This is how it plays out.....

I tend to plan entire conversations, outings, activities, days, nights well before they actually happen.  From that point in the planning process I allow my mind to work out all possible responses, sentiments, actions stemming from the plan.  Any deviation from that which I've already thought out yields a 'tude.

It's bratty.  I know.

2 comments:

Jameil said...

ha! i get it. i SO get it as you saw from my post. i don't necessarily plan every single thing but i definitely want things to go a certain way and when they don't I am known to pout. Hmph.

Lex said...

Hey, its all apart of being a Libra. The sig other will understand!